FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
07 July 2022
Rand Water Vereeniging pump station emergency shutdown impacting Eikenhof pump station.
Johannesburg Water wishes to inform residents of the Rand Water emergency shutdown,
scheduled for 9 July 2022 from 09h00 to 12h00 (3hrs). The shutdown will affect the pumping
capacity to Eikenhof pump station by 50%
The following Rand Water direct feeds will be affected:
• Cornelius Street
• Weltevreden High pressure
• Weltevreden High pressure bypass
• Commando Road
• Honeydew reservoir
Areas that will be affected during the outage:
1. Cornelius Street: Parts of Weltevreden park and Randparkrif and Allensnek.
2. Weltevreden High pressure and Weltevreden High Pressure Bypass: Amarosa, Honeydew Manor, Honeypark, Laserpark, Little Falls, Poortview, Radiokop, Strubensvalley, Ruimsig, Wilgeheuwel, Tres Jolie, Constantia Kloof, Randparkridge, Allensnek and Weltevreden park
3. Commando road: Avon Street direct: Riverlea and extensions
4. Honeydew reservoir: Parts of Zandspruit, Laserpark, Olivenhout, Honeydew and Extensions
Customers in the higher lying areas will be affected by no water. Customers are urged to use
Although the emergency shutdown is estimated for three (3) hours, the restoration of the
affected network, may take up to six (6) hours.
Johannesburg Water apologises to customers for the inconvenience caused and thanks
customers in advance for their patience and understanding.