WHO WE ARE
Johannesburg Water SOC Ltd (JW) is a municipal entity incorporated on 21 November 2000 and commenced business on 1 January 2001 as an independent company, with the City of Johannesburg (CoJ) as its sole shareholder. JW was formed following the iGoli 2002 Transformation Plan, an initiative led by the former Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Council.
- Region A: Midrand/Ivory Park/Diepsloot/Kya Sand
- Region B: Rosebank/Randburg/Emmarentia/Greenside/Melville/Northcliff/Parktown
- Region C: Roodepoort/Constantia Kloof/Northgate
- Region D: Doornkop/Dobsonville/Protea Glen
- Region E: Alexandra/Wynberg/Sandton
- Region G: Orange Farm/Ennerdale/Lenasia
Johannesburg Water’s infrastructure assets in support of its business comprise:
- 89 Water Reservoirs
- 28 Water Towers
- 10 Depots
- 4 Laboratories
- 12 581 km distribution pipes
- 6 Wastewater Treatment Works
The entity supplies 1.4 million domestic, commercial and industrial customers and serves an estimated consumer base of 4.5 million people with approximately 1,574 ml/day and treats it to acceptable. It employs approximately 2 500 people.
A world class African water and sanitation utility.
To provide all people of Johannesburg with access to quality water and sanitation services.
- Cost Effectiveness
- Customer Service