Suburb(s) Affected: Johannesburg North, Parts of Maroeladal, Cedar Lakes, Cedar Creek, Parts of Broadacres, Cedar Avenue West, Needwood, Chartwell, Parts of Kya Sands, Parts of Northriding, Bloubosrand and Farmall.
Start date: 2 August 2022 at 07h00
End date: 4 August 2022 at 20h00
UPDATE: The contractor is aligning the pipe and ensuring that the welds are tested. The concrete anchor block will be cast during the course of today, to secure the pipeline if there are no leaks found.
Impact: No water
Reason: Tie-in new pipeline to existing mainline
Water tank sites:
• Cedar Lakes
• BP garage Broadacres Shopping centre
• Tanks to be filled at Broadacres shopping centre
• Cedar Creek estate
• Terranova complex
• Thorntree and Stonefields complext
• Runnymead and 3rd Road, Chartwell
• Watercombe rd and Zandspruit, Chartwell
• Fifth Road and Cladon Rd, Chartwell
• Rietvalei Road and Zandspruit Road, Farmall
• Royal Canin
• Hyperion road (Hampstead complex)
• Waterford view estate
• Agulhas road, Bloubosrand
• Dromedaries Road, Bloubosrand
• Riverbend Road, Bloubosrand
• Oosterland Road, Bloubosrand
• Government Street, Jhb North
• Selbourne Street, Jhb North
Johannesburg Water thanks residents for patience and understanding and apologises for the inconvenience caused.
Residents are encouraged to subscribe on our website, to our SMS notification service for alerts on planned or unplanned service interruptions. More information can be obtained on twitter: @jhbwater; Facebook: Johannesburg Water and our website.
Customer service inquiries:
24 hour Hotline: 011 688 1699/ 086 056 2874
SMS line: 076 333 5052